Retreat Information and Policies
The Hummingbird Retreat offers a three-day stay
and a four-day stay
. The three-day retreats are either Thursday - Sunday or Sunday - Wednesday. The four-day retreat is Sunday – Thursday. We do offer rooms if you wish to stay the night, although it's not mandatory that you stay the night.
- Check-in time is 3 pm (No early arrivals please). Check-out time is 12 pm.
- The minimum number of guests are 6 and we can accommodate up to 11 guests.
- Double occupancy will be required in all rooms.
- If a guest requests an individual room, and it is available, there will be a fee of an additional $50.00 per night (for that extra room) and will be added to the bill.
- If you choose a retreat that has food being provided, the prices are $90 a night, per person, plus tax.
- If you choose a retreat that doesn't have food being provided, the prices are $70 a night, per person, plus tax.
*Rules and policies are subject to change without notice.
- The deposit is $50.00 per person and is due at time of booking. This is non-refundable (as we have reserved these dates for you and your friends), but it may be transferred to a new date within 12 months of the original booking. If you cancel within 30 days of your scheduled retreat, the deposit is non-refundable or non-transferable. Please understand that at the time you book with us, we take those dates off the calendar and don't offer a waiting list, so please make sure you choose your dates that are perfect for you, and reduce cancellations by keeping your desired dates. Thank you.
- The remainder of the retreat balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival and can be paid by cash, check, or e-check. We would like to receive (1) payment per group but if this can't happen, we will accept individual payments. If this happens, please. indicate what dates your retreat is in the memo part of your check.
- Group Retreats: All retreaters in a group are required to pay for every day of that booked retreat. So, if the retreat is booked for a 3 day retreat, then everyone attending that retreat is required to pay for all 3 day of that retreat.
- Open Retreats will be listed on the calendar. If you are interested in an open retreat, you can call 936-661-0684 to reserve your stay. Full payment of this retreat is due upon reservation. If cancelled 30 days or more in advance, you can reschedule for another retreat within the next 6 months. If cancelled within the 30 days, payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. Open retreats will not have the option of providing food so please bring the items you'd like to eat. The cost of open retreats are $80 per day per person, plus tax.
- No unregistered guests. Please abide by the occupancy limits. People other than those set forth above may not be on the property at any given time. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of the guests. If there are more guests than disclosed, you will be charged $125 per additional guest for each day of the reservation and will be due immediately.
- There is an onsite fabric store. The hours are:
- Monday & Tuesday: by appointment only (just call 936-661-0684 and let us know when you'd like to be at the store and we will be there for you)
- Wednesday - Saturday: 10-6
- Sunday: 12-5
- Parking: please refer to the welcome section for parking instructions. This will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Daily maid service is not included. While linens and bath towels are included in each bathroom, we do not permit towels, linens, or toiletries to be taken from the retreat. Please do not leave wet towels on the furniture.
- By reserving your retreat stay, you agree to take full responsibility for all your guests and that all guests abide by The Hummingbird Retreats policies, rules, and regulations.
- The Hummingbird Retreat is not responsible for accidents. This property is privately owned; the owners or property manager are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of nay harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. There are many natural and manmade conditions throughout the property, use caution.
- 2 luggage carts will be located under the awning of the fabric store, for you to use to unload/load your belongings.
- No pets allowed.
- No smoking except outside.
- Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or "flushable" wipes should be flushed at any time as we are on a septic system.
- All rates are subject to change without notice but if you have a booked retreat, the price for your retreat will stay the same for that one retreat.
- Weather, Disease, Acts of God, & Unforeseen Circumstances:
- The Hummingbird Retreat is not liable for any inconveniences, delays, or guests inability to access a unit as a result of any temporary or permanent issues which arise from weather, construction, road closures, or conditions, natural disaster, reasons for travel including the cancelation of events or conferences, government orders, diseases, pandemics, viruses, illnesses, closings, pollution or other acts of God which are beyond The Hummingbird's control. No refunds will be given for any inconveniences, delays or cancellations due to, but not limited to aforementioned conditions. However, you can transfer within 1 year of your original booking date. Any cancellations made within 30 days of your stay is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- RELAX AND HAVE FUN. YOU DESERVE THIS!